Terms & Conditions
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
• All Sales are Net 30 days, subject to Credit approval.
• First orders C.O.D. unless terms are approved by Credit in advance.
• All Claims, Refunds or Returns must be filed within 7 days after receipt of the merchandise. Relevant documents must be presented at the time of all claims, refunds or returns requisitions (See Section D in Claim Policy)
• All Returns will only be accepted with a registered RMA No. (Returned Merchandise Authorization Number) issued by ARB. Unauthorized return will be rejected and returned at purchaser's (consignee's of original purchase) expenses.
• In the event of an approved return for damaged items (with RMA No.), consignee must repackage item(s) in the original packaging, crating or equivalent. ARB will arrange for pick-up and transportation.
• In the event of return for reasons other than damage (with RMA No.), it is subject to a restocking charge of 20% of the purchase price in addition to any returning freight charges. All shipping charges are non-refundable.
• Back ordered items will be shipped when ready, unless notified.
• Consignee must file all claims for loss or damaged with carrier immediately in the event of short-shipped or damaged is incurred during transit.
• If a return request is authorized, ARB will either arrange for replacement or credit refund subject to ARB’s determination and/or the nature and total value of the item(s) involved.
• ARB is not responsible for shipping charges if consignee makes the transport arrangements without ARB’s prior authorization.
• ARB reserves the right to independently determine the nature, extent and possible cause of damage. All claims are subjected to investigation to determine whether the liability assertion against whichever party is accurately justified. Claimant must provide ARB all necessary documentation and relevant information relating to the claim upon request.
ARB always prides itself in bringing customers exceptional craftsmanship in quality merchandise at competitive prices. All ARB Products are manufactured under strict controls with dependable qualities to ensure customers' satisfaction.
ARB furniture warranty belongs and applies to the original purchaser and is not transferable.
• 6 Months Limited Warranty
Resin w Rattan Frame / Contemporary Resin w Aluminum Frame / Teak / Cushion are warranted for 6 months against manufacturer defects in materials and workmanship from date of purchase. Umbrella bases are not covered.
• 1 Years Limited Warranty
Resin w Aluminum Frame / Cast Aluminum w Resin Weaving / Contemporary Resin w Aluminum Frame (Deep Seating Groups) / Mosaic Stone Top are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for one year limited warranty from date of purchase.
• 3 Years Structural / 3 Years Finishing Limited Warranty
Cast Aluminum / Cast Aluminum w Loom Weaving are warranted for three years for structural frame failure and three years for powder coat finish or weaving under normal residential use, provided the item has not been scratched or abraded. Scratches and chips resulting from normal wear and tear are not covered. Fading or discoloration resulting from exposure to the elements, chemicals or from spills is not covered.
All indoor furniture (rattan / wood / oak wood / teak) is warranted against structural defects in materials and workmanship for 6 months limited warranty from date of purchase.
WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER
• Failure due to lack of maintenance and unreasonable, abusive, commercial or institutional use.
• Damage caused by acts of nature, vandalism, or fire.
• Damage caused by ammonia cleaners, suntan oils and other harsh chemicals.
• Glass breakage.
• Normal wear and tear, and fading or discoloration as a result of exposure to the elements.
• Colorfastness of fabrics. Color fading, shading or shrinkage of any fabric due to improper cleaning is not covered.
• Improper assembly, improper shipping or handling.
• All furniture is made from natural materials such as teak, mahogany wood, oak wood, rattan, in which variations might occur to varying degree, thus, variation in grain pattern, normal shrinkage, natural weathering of wood finishes or hairline cracks on wood or teak.
• Products that are sold in “as is” condition or clearance merchandise.
All returns require prior authorization by ARB; for quality control purpose and verification, warranty returns must require pictures of damage to substantiate the warranty claim or inspection by a sales representative. Both original sales invoice and delivery receipt showing purchase date and terms of sales must be submitted for warranty claim.
At our option, ARB will repair or replace any item that meets the above criteria. If style has been discontinued and replacement is necessary, ARB will replace with style and finish that most closely matches the returned item. Furniture must be returned to ARB in proper packaging.
ARB is not responsible for incidental or consequential damages, which may vary in some states and/or provinces. In no event shall ARB’s responsibility exceed the value of the replacement products.
LIMITATION OF DAMAGES: THE WARRANTIES SET FORTH HEREIN ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHERS: ORAL, WRITTEN, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. IN NO EVENT WILL ARB BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, ARISING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS PRODUCT.
CLAIM POLICY - on Short-Shipped and Damaged Goods
ARB takes preventative measure at all times in ensuring that every piece of merchandise is packaged, strapped and crated to minimize possibility of damage. However, when damages or shortages do occur, responsibility for safe delivery is assumed by the carrier. It is the customers’ responsibility to record any damages or losses at the time of delivery in order to identify whether the issues are incurred during transit or not. A failure to do so may lead to excessive delays in claim recoveries or your claim being disallowed.
Below are our guidelines in Claim Policy for Loss and Damage Goods. Please kindly review and contact our sales representative if you have any questions.
EXAMINE YOUR SHIPMENT UPON RECEIPT
The shipment “receiver” of the consignee plays an important role in the goods being received as he or she is required to outline any conditions and facts that exist at time of delivery. Failures to record any damages or discrepancies at delivery can only lead to excessive delays, misunderstandings or jeopardize claim recoveries. With the proper handling of receipt of shipments, it speeds up the liability determination and eases out unnecessary delays in the event of claims.
A. Count Number of Pieces Delivered
I. The "receiver" of the consignee should jointly count the shipment with the delivery driver to conclude on the number of pieces being received. If the counts are in agreement endorse the number with a legible signature and his or her name printed along with the date of receipt on the bill of lading.
II. If a shortage occurs, mark down on the bill of lading the exact number of short-shipped item(s). Enter the correct number received on the bill of lading and endorse the same as above.
B. Examine the Outward Condition
I. Examine the external condition of each piece and endorse for any obvious damages that exist. If the shipment does not arrive in a perfect outward condition, the receiver and the delivery driver should attempt a preliminary inspection to find out if there is any internal damage. If so, enumerate on the bill of lading and have the driver affirmed the notation by endorsing on it.
C. Check Cardboard Wall
I. For loose shipment, examine the sectional cardboard wall upon arrival. If the cardboard wall has been dismantled, or partially dismantled, or shows any obvious damages, it is important to examine immediately whether the goods within have been damaged or not. If so, enumerate on the bill of lading and have the driver affirmed the notation by endorsing on it.
D. Only Sign on Bill of Lading After Checking
I. Do not use broad statements like "subject to inspection and/or subject to check or inspection". These statements or statements that exhibit similar meanings will NOT be accepted for later claims, as the liability determination is difficult to prove against parties involved. It is the receiver's responsibilities to have the shipment checked before endorsing on the bill of lading. Unless a notation is specified, with the receiver's endorsement on the bill of lading, we assumed that the goods have already been checked against shortages and outward damages.
II. No claims against ARB will be accepted if the consignee does not have the properly signed bill of lading available upon claim submission (See Sections in A, B, & C).
E. Responsibilities of Consignee in Claims
I. Consignee is responsible to advise the delivery carrier of any discrepancies that have occurred and have the driver endorsed along with the specified notation accordingly. If the damages or losses are proven to have occurred in transit, ARB will assist the consignee in claiming procedures against the carrier when necessary.
II. A standard quality tag is attached to each piece of furniture for quality assurance. If damages are found, detach the tag(s) from the damaged item(s) and send to ARB along with the other required documentation for claims.
III. It is necessary to provide adequate documentation with details for all claims. Documents include a copy of the appropriately signed bill of lading, the original packaging materials, pictures of damaged goods and quality tags and etc. Unavailability of such information can lead to rejection of your claim.
ATTENTION: PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEB SITE. USING THIS WEB SITE INDICATES THAT YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS ("TERMS"), DO NOT USE THIS WEB SITE.
Use of Site. ARB Trading Co. Ltd. ("ARB") authorizes you to view and download the materials at this Web site ("Site") provided that you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original materials on any copies of the materials. You may not modify the materials at this Site in any way or reproduce or publicly display, perform, or distribute or otherwise use them for any public or commercial purpose. For purposes of these Terms, any use of these materials on any other Web site or networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited. The materials at this Site are copyrighted and any unauthorized use of any materials at this Site may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. If you breach any of these Terms, your authorization to use this Site automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed materials. ARB also reserves the right to terminate your authorization to use any services at the Site and to delete any one or more of your related accounts, with or without cause, immediately and at any time.
Disclaimer. THE MATERIALS AND SERVICES PROVIDED AT THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. ARB further does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the materials or services at this Site. ARB may make changes to the materials and services at this Site, or to the products and prices described in them, at any time without notice. The materials and services at this Site may be out of date, and ARB makes no commitment to update the materials and services at this Site.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT WILL ARB, ITS SUPPLIERS, OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED AT THIS SITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE RESULTS OF USE OF THIS SITE, ANY WEB SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE, OR THE MATERIALS OR INFORMATION OR SERVICES CONTAINED AT ANY OR ALL SUCH SITES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF YOUR USE OF THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR SERVICES FROM THIS SITE RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION OF EQUIPMENT OR DATA, YOU ASSUME ALL COSTS THEREOF. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.